Saturday, October 23, 2010

What happen subsequent beside this sprained ankle?

I sprained my ankle Friday night. (It is currently Monday darkness.) I am going to the doctor tomorrow for a followup, but I don't really know what to expect. I have be icing, elevating, staying off of it, and using crutches since Friday. If it does not own a small fracture (which they said is still a possibility), how soon could I *on average* expect to be able to gain rid of these darn crutches? Will I be able to use a walking style? Finally, how much longer should I elevate it at night?
Any other information would be supportive as well. By the time I be able to ask question, the hospital already had me on loopy agony meds, so I didn't think to ask these things--and I'm conspicuously a first-timer. Thanks!What happen subsequent beside this sprained ankle?
elevate, ice when needed .. depending on how unsuccessfully u sprained it (with crutches i am sure it's really bad)
it will start bruising, and hurting etc. but basically i would recommend physiotherapy as soon as u see the doctor to gain a near 100% repossession (plus the massage really helps)
Well, i be on wraps for 3 weeks, then straps (as contained by braces ) for another 6 months for precaution. But most important of adjectives, don't believe when people say-so:" do not move/ rest"
your leg needs to be reminded that you still want it to walk!
First time I sprained my ankle I be back walking surrounded by 1 1/2 weeks after physiotherapy.
The next time I be walking in 3 days - it depends on the severity of sprain and how tight the muscles to your ankle nouns are
You need to bid your doctor and ask..I know u might not want to, but just do it! It usually take about 3-4 wks to obtain well. It also depends on your age, the elder u are the longer it takes!

No comments:

Post a Comment